Performance as Practice | solo and collaborative development is a practical workshop, focused on inter-disciplinary performance. PaP is open to dance, movement, performance art, and improvisation artists of all levels, professional and university, who are interested in further developing a solo and collaborative body-based art practices.
Participants will be introduced to various approaches to creating a personal performance practice, including: concept development, physical and mental preparation, experimentation, and execution. We will focus on different aspects, elements, disciplines, modes and/or methods of performance. The goal is to identify and develop a personal practice which is applicable to solo and group situations.
This workshop may culminate in a public performance, conceived and realized by the participants.
Past Performance as Practice Workshops:
– Summer Semester 2014: semester-long workshop, University of applied Arts Vienna
– Nov 2014: 3-day intensive workshop , University of applied Arts, Vienna.
– Jan 2015: 2-day workshop, Grüntaler 9, Berlin
– Feb 2015: 2-day workshop, Fidget, Philadelphia USA
– Nov 2015: 1-day workshop, Sunland School of the Arts, Mexico DF, MX
– Feb 2016: 2-day workshop, Studio 2, Bethanien, Berlin
photos by Jasmin Schaitl: showing of workshop at University of Applied Arts Vienna 2014
with: Mayumi Arai, Succhard Wannaset, Franziska Koppensteiner, Lena Kikanel, …